Pioneer Academy Payment, Discount and Refund Policies
Payment Policy: All payments are received and processed through Smart Tuition. Smart Tuition is the contracted provider for the administration of Pioneer Academy’s tuition program. Only new families need to register with Smart Tuition. All re-enrolling families will be rolled into the next year but should contact the Business Office to discuss their payment plan. The tuition plans are as follows:
- Full Payment (One Payment): The entire payment is due on or before agreed due date
- Quarterly Payments (Domestic Students only) – (4 payments): Quarterly payments are due on or before the 5th, 15th or 25th (based on your choice) of the month (August, October, January, and March).
- Monthly Payments (Domestic Students only)– (10 payments): Monthly payments are due on or before the 5th, 15th or 25th (based on your choice) of the month (August through May).
* Special note: If a family chooses to pay by credit card through Smart Tuition all fees for this service are paid by the family.
Late Fee and Failed Payments: All payments are due on the selected due date. If payments are not received by the due date, a late fee ($50) will be assessed. All families are responsible for meeting their tuition obligation to Pioneer Academy on a timely basis. Our fees for failed electronic check payments and for returned checks are: Failed ACH – $30.00 Returned Check – $30.00
Pioneer Academy has different policies in regards of sibling discount for Pre-K, K-12 Domestic and International students.
- Pre-K: 10% Discount for Second Sibling and all additional Siblings
- K-12 Domestic: Second Sibling to Enroll: 10% Discount. Third and all additional Siblings: 20%Discount
- International: 10% Discount for Second and all additional Siblings
* Please note: The Sibling Discount applies to siblings only (brothers and sisters, not cousins or other relatives).
Refund, Delinquency and Cancellation:
- School-Initiated Cancellation of Student Registration: If the student has been dismissed from Pioneer Academy due to academic or disciplinary reasons, Pioneer Academy will notify the parents/guardians, however, no refund will be issued. A student is mandated to complete the Student Clearance and Textbook Clearance Forms and to ensure that all books and materials have been returned to avoid additional charges.
- Voluntary Cancellation of Student Registration: If parents/guardians wish to withdraw a student from enrollment at Pioneer Academy, the parents/guardians must complete the Student Clearance and Textbook Clearance Forms in order for a refund of fees to be considered.
For cancellations made prior to first-day school: Pioneer Academy will retain 25% of tuition and boarding & meal plan (if applicable) fees at the undiscounted rate. No other fees will be refunded.
For cancellations made between the first day of school and the first day of winter recess: Pioneer Academy will retain 50% of tuition and boarding & meal plan (if applicable) fees at the undiscounted rate. No other fees will be refunded.
No refunds will be given for cancellations made after the first day of winter recess.
* Please note that processing a refund takes time and, as per standard protocol, Pioneer Academy will process the refund at the end of the academic year.
If you select a payment plan, depending on your payment cycle, you may or may not be due a refund. In some cases, you may owe Pioneer Academy a portion of your tuition or be responsible for the full remaining payments.
- Delinquency in tuition payments will result in the disabling of a student’s access to Alma, our education management system. Long term delinquency will result in the student’s withdrawal from Pioneer Academy.
On the 30th day after a missed tuition payment, the students’ access to Alma will be disabled. Access will be granted when all past due payments are paid.
On the 60th day after a missed tuition payment, the student will be withdrawn from Pioneer Academy. Any future enrollment in Pioneer Academy will be disallowed until all past due balances are paid in full.
- Failure to pay tuition may result in a referral to a collections agency. In the event that the account becomes delinquent for more than 30 days, the parents/guardians also agree to pay a late fee of $50 per month on any balance due, as well as all reasonable collection costs (not to exceed 50% of balance) court costs, attorney fees and interest/late fees accrued with the collection of this account.
If you select a monthly payment plan for tuition payment and owe any payments at the time of withdrawal based on the above withdrawal intervals, all outstanding tuition will be due at the time of the withdrawal.
*If an international student is unable to secure a U.S. Visa, all money except $1,000 non-refundable deposit (administrative charges) will be refunded if proof of denial by the US Consulate is provided.
Registration and School Fees: Both new and returning students are required to pay non-refundable “Other Fees” before completing their annual enrollment registration. Other Fees cover test fees, textbook use, technology, online resources, indoor and outdoor activities (some extra fees may be applicable depending on the activities – for example out of state etc), portion of maintenance and facility development fees. Parents of returning students must complete and return all enrollment/re-enrollment forms and documents to the admissions school office along with required fees in a timely manner by the required deadlines, in order to reserve their child’s spot for the following academic year, which is subject to availability.
Late Registrations: Families registering after the first day of school will be expected to fulfill their tuition obligation according to the tuition policy stated above. Tuition for students registering on or after the first day of school will be prorated over the number of school days they will be attending.